>We went over to the Mobile Police Headquarters today and got our first set of fingerprints done! This is exciting because:
1. We have taken another step closer to bringing Annie home
2. I got fingerprinted for the first time, it was pretty awesome
3. We had enough money from our fundraisers to pay for the fingerprinting fees
4. We made it out alive, the place was pretty scary
5. I made it out alive, it sounds redundant, but Matthew didn’t fall down the stairs on his way out.
We still have one set of fingerprints to do. We are going to get those done in Birmingham on Monday (hopefully). We are going to go to my parents house for the weekend as part of our mission to do our 2nd anniversary trip without emptying the adoption budget. Instead of doing one trip and staying in a hotel and incurring all the other expenses in taking an extended trip, we are going to do two day trips; one to Atlanta, seeing the aquarium and going to IKEA for the first time (definitely my part of the trip), and one trip to New Orleans, going to the zoo, aquarium and just hanging out in the city. This way we get to get out of our city, not spend all of our money, and do some fun stuff too!
What do you do to save money on vacations?
Oh, and make sure you check out my camera strap cover giveaway here