Which do you want to hear first?
I will give you the bad news first whether you like it or not. 🙂 The bad news is that were complications in our court hearing that we didn’t know beforehand, to help us not worry as much I guess. Also, we have ANOTHER court date in a week.
Now for some good news. Next Friday they will meet again with the judge and at that point assuming Annie’s guardian shows up, custody of Annie should be signed over to us. Another piece of good news, it appears that the complications that we didn’t know about really should not affect the case much at all.
The best news; it looks like all in all this hiccup in our adoption should only set our travel date back (whenever that is) about a week! That is excellent news!
Thank you for praying with us and for us, keep it up!
Things you can pray for:
That Annie’s guardian shows up next week willing to sign over custody to us
That we can get some photos of Annie’s birth family so that she can have photos of them as she gets older
That our final decree will go out very soon after the next court date
That we can travel soon (I am hoping by my birthday, August 31st)
That one of the couples we have gotten close to during this journey will get a call that they have been matched with a little boy soon! They have been waiting for a long time!